An E-commerce website differs in function from a regular website offering informative articles and news write-ups for public viewing. It offers products and services for sale. As a result, there are a few design features that are exclusive to the former. If you’re thinking of setting up an E-commerce site, here are tips to get you started. These tips will ensure you have an attractive business web portal up and running soon.
1. Ease of Use: Categorizing products and services under appropriate titles will promote ease of use. It allows customers to find an item easily and in the least time. A search tool makes it better. Create short titles for each category.
2. Concise Descriptive text: Product descriptions list the essential features at a glance. Product descriptions are a tricky aspect of an E-commerce web design. It should be of a perfect length; neither too detailed neither too brief. If there is any more information about the product or service you would like to provide, you can provide a link to direct them to another page. The length of the description is also important for the page layout.
4. Simple template: In the E-Commerce web design process, choosing an appropriate template includes a careful selection of design components and color scheme. It may seem a mere beautification process, but it is a functional aspect of your E-commerce site. Complicated designs take very long to load often annoying customers. A colorful website engages ones attention, but excessively bright colors strain the eyes. Choose colors that complement each other.
5. Payment Options: There are varied payment methods. Most E-commerce site owners setup a PayPal shopping account to trade. Other websites set up a merchant account at a bank for trading purposes. You should also consider security features for your site given that there will be an exchange of private financial information.
6. Testing: Test your E-commerce web design with a group of people. Record their feedback with regards to its design, color schemes, ease of finding products and layout. Use useful comments to modify your site.
Finding a Qualified Web Designer
A trained and competent web designer understands exactly the requirements of an E-commerce site. Therefore, working with one will save time and money. The Internet is a good place to locate firms and individuals offering website design services. There are online business directories and yellow pages.
Most designers maintain a website. Here they display samples of past for clients to view. Review a few samples and on the basis of it make a list. Contact the company. It could be a phone call, an email or a personal meeting. Request a detailed explanation of their services and payment schemes.
Click here to know more on eCommerce Web Design.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Shalini_Mittal/1225843